Skip to main content

Look Up Stories


Life is all about challenges. Every human being on this earth faces some or the other challenge and how you overcome these challenges defines you. You need to be very optimistic in life and take these challenges as a turning point and bring a change - a positive change. Yes, change is an integral part of life. As put by George Bernard Shaw:

“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself”

I shall share with you my life story and how various bold decisions I had taken along the way to reach a place where I'm now. To start with, I belong to a very poor family where my father had no job and my mom did some menial work to feed our entire family. We were a total of seven - mom, dad, two sisters and three brothers and me being the eldest among my siblings. Being the eldest, I too had the responsibility of my family on my shoulder. So to overcome poverty, I took up some petty jobs right from my childhood. But even in these circumstances, I never left my studies. I used to get up early morning, go to work for two hours and then return home. Then I used to attend school and after coming from school again I used to go for work. In the evenings, I used to devout all my time in studies rather than watching tv or playing. I completed my schooling and went for the preparation of IIT entrance exam and cleared it in second attempt. Since I had done my education in a Hindi medium school, I found it very difficult to cope up with the English language, but I fought all odds and successfully graduated with a BE degree. I then came to the city and got into a software job in a multinational company. Few years later I got married to the love of my life. I'm also blessed with a kid now. Later, I took a bold step once again and purchased a new flat in a city. It was such a big accomplishment of my life. Now I am happily settled with a good job, a great family life and a house of my own.

Had I not focused on my studies under the circumstances prevailing at my home, I would have never come out of my state of poverty and would have been living the same life. My life is a great source of inspiration that hard work does pay. You can come out of your current struggles and situations if you are determined to achieve your goals and have positive outlook towards life. It teaches us to have faith and to never give up, things will fall in place and everything will be fine with time. Hard work, determination, courage and positive attitude is all that is needed to bring a change – a positive change.  

Yes, I'm leading an optimistic life filled with hope for the future and housing.com envisions that outlook, do look here for more details https://housing.com/lookup

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Republic Day Badge Craft

Easy Preschool Craft Activity - Republic Day Badge Take a white chart paper, draw and cut a medium size circle from it. Draw two straight lines with a pencil dividing the circle into 3 equal portions. Take orange and green color art paper and cut it into small pieces. Stick the orange colored pieces on top and green colored in the bottom to make it appear an Indian Flag. Then write the message HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY in the center of the badge. Make a small hole on top and insert a  ribbon into it and tie the knot. You Republic Day Badge is ready!

Car Shaped Face Mask Craft

Preschool craft - Car shaped mask made out of chart paper Take a white chart paper and draw the car shape as seen in the pic above Cut along the lines and color it using sketch pen Make holes on either side and insert the band Wear your mask and flaunt to your friends This was made for a competition and my son got the 1st runner up prize :)

Lotus Flower Craft