Skip to main content

Kellogg’s Chocos ke saath ‘Khuljaye Bachpan’


Every human being in this world crave for love, care and guidance at some point in their life. But the most trusted source of love and care that we get is only and only from our parents. Indeed, parents are our role models and a first source of inspiration.

All parents inculcate moral values that they want their children to carry forward, but parenting style differs. A successful parenting is quite a complex issue as many parents take it as an instructive job rather than becoming a buddy parent. They take the role of being a dictator which they do not realize is harmful for child development in the long run.

Kellogg's chocos believes in the mantra of buddy parenting which is adhered by being more interactive with your kids rather than authoritative. They believe that the best way to bond is to participate and learn about their world and in the process learn new things. Infact, they introduce the concept of buddy parenting which involves more of bonding with your child.

I recount the roles my parents played in my upbringing. I tried hard to keep up to their expectations but failed many times. My dad was my role model - a perfect buddy and my first teacher. He guided me in everything I did, be it in my studies, sports or any activities as such. He was a pal who used to be always with me. He taught me not only how to play games but also to develop a spirit of sportsmanship. He never forced me to go and study as time was set for all my activities. Long hours of study time was set for me and I used to adhere it very obediently. But I think this will not be taken very easily by kids of these days. I was set in to the routine so well that I never felt that I was forced to do something, every thing flowed easily.

Believe me, if we as a parent develop an authoritative and dictatorship kind of nature, it will only ruin the atmosphere and kids will become more aggressive and harsh. It will not help in anyway. But, if we follow the mantras of buddy parenting, then automatically we set up an atmosphere of understanding, patience and believing in solutions. Good parenting develops by setting example as kids learn more by seeing rather than being told to do so.

Indeed parenting is a strategic art. The building blocks of good parenting is friendship, guidance, trust, ability to listen, attention, right and positive attitude, and not being judgmental.

Do log into this exciting page https://www.facebook.com/mychocos  and see this beautiful video of mother child budding with each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Republic Day Badge Craft

Easy Preschool Craft Activity - Republic Day Badge Take a white chart paper, draw and cut a medium size circle from it. Draw two straight lines with a pencil dividing the circle into 3 equal portions. Take orange and green color art paper and cut it into small pieces. Stick the orange colored pieces on top and green colored in the bottom to make it appear an Indian Flag. Then write the message HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY in the center of the badge. Make a small hole on top and insert a  ribbon into it and tie the knot. You Republic Day Badge is ready!

Lotus Flower Craft

Flower Card Craft for Parents Day

Preschool Craft Idea - Flower Card Craft This is a beautiful flower shaped card which can be made and gifted to parents, friends, etc. Take a yellow chart paper and cut it in the shape as shown in the picture. Fold it to make a bud shape. Staple a straw to the bud. Cut two leaves using green felt paper and staple it on the straw. Take a red ribbon and fold it in the form of a bow and stick it to the card. Open the card and write your personal message on it and send to your loved ones. Material required Yellow chart paper, green felt paper, a red ribbon and a straw.